UPSC exams-women secure top three ranks; Shruti Sharma tops; 685 qualify exams
Kanwar Inder Singh/ royalpatiala.in
Based on the result of the written part of Civil Services Examination, 2021 held by the Union Public Service Commission in January, 2022 and the interviews for Personality Test held in April-May, 2022, the final result declared today.
In the UPSC CSE final result, women candidates have secured all the top three positions. Delhi’s Shruti Sharma has secured the All India Rank (AIR 1). Ankita Agarwal secured AIR 2 and Gamini Singla from Chandigarh has got rank 3.
Sharma graduated from St. Stephens College of Delhi University and joined Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) for her post-graduation. She prepared for the Civil Services exam at Jamia Millia Islamia Residential Coaching Academy (RCA).
Of the successful candidates, 244 are from general category, 73 from Economically Weaker Sections , 203 of Other Backward Classes, 105 Scheduled Caste and 60 from the Scheduled Tribes, the Commission said.
A total number of 685 candidates have been recommended for appointment .In order of merit, of candidates who have been recommended for appointment to Indian Administrative Service (IAS); Indian Foreign Service (IFS) ; Indian Police Service (IPS) ; and Central Services, Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’.
08 PwBD-3 &
Nil PwBD-1, Nil PwBD-2,
Nil PwBD-3 & Nil PwBD-5)
Nil PwBD-1, 01 PwBD-2,
Nil PwBD-3 & 02 PwBD-5)
Nil PwBD-1, Nil PwBD-2,
Nil PwBD-3 &
Nil PwBD-1, Nil PwBD-2, Nil PwBD-3 & Nil PwBD-5)
07 PwBD-1, 05 PwBD-2,
08 PwBD-3 & 05 PwBD-5)
- In accordance with Rule 20 (4) & (5) of the Civil Services Examination Rules 2021, the Commission is maintaining a consolidated Reserve List of candidates as under:
- Appointment to the various Services will be made according to the number of vacancies available with due consideration to the provisions contained in the Rules for the Examination. The number of vacancies reported by the Government to be filled is as under:
|Central Services Group ‘A’||103||23||68||31||17||242|
|Group ‘B’ Services||36||08||25||15||06||90|
* includes 26 PwBD vacancies (07 PwBD-1, 05 PwBD-2, 08 PwBD-3 & 06 PwBD-5)
- The candidature of 80 recommended candidates with following Roll Numbers is provisional:
- The result of 01 candidate has been kept withheld.
- UPSC has a “Facilitation Counter” near Examination Hall in its campus. Candidates can obtain any information / clarification regarding their examinations / recruitments on the working days between 10:00 hours to 17:00 hours in person or over telephone Nos. 23385271 / 23381125 / 23098543. Result will also be available on the U.P.S.C. website i.e. http//www.upsc.gov.in. Marks will be available on the website within 15 days from the date of declaration of result.