Youth Speak Forum 2020 organized at Chitkara University Punjab Campus
Jasbir Kapoor/ royalpatiala.in/ Rajpura
In an attempt to empower the youth and inculcate leadership potential in them, AIESEC organized “Youth Speak Forum 2020” with a belief that “We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future”. Youth Speak Forum one of the premier event organized by AIESEC in Chandigarh was held today at Chitkara University Punjab Campus. The platform brought together both young and senior leaders to form a diverse cross-sector and multi-generational space for inspiring conversations around pressing global issues by implementing Sustainable Development Goals. An audience of more than 900 students attended the event.
The theme of the event this year was ‘Grow, Evolve & Impact’ – To Grow as a person, Evolve into someone you have always aspired to be and Impact the world with what you do.
Eminent keynote speakers at the Youth Speak Forum included Sanjana Sanghi, Bollywood actress and gold medalist of Delhi University , Raj Shamani, a 23 year old entrepreneur and Business Influencer, Niraj Gera, an internationally acclaimed photographer, Aarohi Pandit world’s first pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean in a Light Sports Aircraft & Aarun Chaudhry, the Head of Retail at Delhi Duty-Free Services. All were from different parts of the country having impactful stories. The keynote speeches were followed by a panel discussion.
- Sanjana Sanghi, Bollywood actress and gold medalist of Delhi University. She is debuting as the lead in the official Hindi remake of The Fault in Our Stars, “Dil Bechara” opposite Sushant Singh Rajput, previously starred in Rockstar, Hindi Medium and Fukrey Returns.
- Raj Shamani, a 23 year old entrepreneur and Business Influencer. He has delivered more than 200 keynotes about building businesses and brands in 26 countries and is also one of the youngest Indians to speak at United Nations headquarters. He is also listed in ‘India’s Top 5 young Influencers’ and Top 10 young entrepreneurs of India.
- Niraj Gera, an internationally acclaimed photographer. He runs an NGO which works for the betterment of Acid Attack Victims and Menstrual Hygiene. He is a part of the senior faculty at the art of living organization.
- Aarohi Pandit is the world’s first pilot to solo across the Atlantic Ocean in a Light Sports Aircraft. Till date, she has logged in 29,500km in 50 legs across three continents and 20 countries in her small LSA.
- Aarun Chaudhry, currently the Head of Retail at Delhi Duty-Free Services. He is an insightful speaker with over 15 years of experience in multi-cultural environments & varied industries-Beauty, Apparel, Toys & Music, while managing large teams spread across different geographies.
AIESEC, world’s largest youth run organization, has always strived towards empowerment of the youth and creating a society which is free from all the social barriers. They stand by their vision ‘Peace and Fulfillment of Human Kind Potential’ by working towards uniting the world and making it a better place to live in and promote cross-cultural exchanges.
The event aimed to make the youth aware of the Sustainable Development Goals and focus on issues that actually matter.