Good News for govt doctors, the ‘pay scale’ will be restructured to strengthen health services- Dr.Balbir Singh
Kanwar Inder Singh/ royalpatiala.in News/ May 28,2023
Punjab Health and Family Welfare Minister, Dr.Balbir Singh said that the Punjab government under the leadership of Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann would soon restructure the ‘pay scale’ of doctors to strengthen government health services.
He said that 550 new doctors will join by next month, whose salary has been increased from 30,000 to 70,000. Apart from this, due to the implementation of the 7th pay scale by the previous government, the salary of doctors in Punjab has decreased from Rs 1.41 lakh to Rs 1.18 lakh, forced doctors to leave their jobs and to join neighboring states, have also been contacted and assured them to restructure ‘pay scale’.
This was stated by the Health Minister after inaugurating the Pulse Polio Drive here at Civil Hospital , Nawanshahar on Sunday
He said that Punjab was in great need of doctors and the government was committed to make up the shortage of medical specialists, radiodiagnostics, gynecologists and other specialists at its own level.
The infrastructural requirements and para medical as well as supporting staff would also be recruited in government health institutions soon,he added.
Good News for govt doctors, the ‘pay scale’ will be restructured to strengthen health services- Dr.Balbir Singh. The health minister said that ‘rate contracts’ have been already finalised for 95 percent of the medicines supplied in government hospitals and the remaining 5 percent will also be completed soon. He said that in the near future, the emergency medical services of the government hospitals would be equipped with all required tests, medical experts and medicines to make it more responsive.
He said that the 580 Aam Aadmi clinics opened in the state have provided major relief to the common people in the health care field, due to which the rush of OPD patients in the government hospitals has reduced. He directed the Director Health and Family Welfare to provide special training to Community Health Officers and ASHA workers to sensitise the common people about diseases like diabetes and BP by giving yoga tips, importance of walk and other activities, especially the pregnant women falling in the high risk zone. He stressed upon the change in healthy lifestyle by keeping themselves aware of the preventing measures to keep the diseases away.