Dr Nidhi Bansal honored for her exemplary work by National IMA Head Quarters
Kanwar Inder Singh/ royalpatiala.in
It is a matter of immense pleasure and of pride that Dr Nidhi Bansal consultant eye surgeon, BANSAL EYE HOSPITAL & LASER CENTER PATIALA and Secretary IMA Patiala 2021 & 2023, president WDW IMA Patiala, Joint Secretary Woman Doctor’s Wing (WDW) IMA Punjab, has been awarded by National IMA Head Quarters, for her exemplary work during her tenure as WDW President IMA PATIALA. She has been adorned with Presidents Appreciation Award for exemplary work.
During her tenure she worked very hard along with her team and many projects’s were undertaken and completed as follows:-
- One month continuous one month vaccination camps against COVID vaccination were organized in collaboration with Nishkam Sewa Society and Patiala Obs and Gynae Society (PAOG) in VEER HAQIKAT RAI SCHOOL. More than seventy thousand beneficiaries were vaccinated in these camps.
- MISSION S.H.E which was a brain child of her team WDW 2021, wherein they Organized workshops in all the Government Schools in and around Patiala,& Educated young adolcent girls about Sanitary and Menstrual Hygiene. They also emphasized the importance of good diet to counteract Anaemia. They also screened young girls for anaemia during these workshops. Iron rich foods, apple and channa were distributed to the girls to emphasize the importance of nutritious diet to fight anaemia, which is very prevalent among young girls. Free iron substitutes were given to those young girls and boys who were found anaemic
- They also organized educational camps and screening camps in slum areas like Tafajalpura where women were educated about making reusable sanitary pads to conserve environment and reduce plastic waste. They were also educated about safe hygiene practices.
- For Cervical Cancer screening multiple camps were organized in collaboration with Police Lines Patiala district where all the females police officers and families of police men were screened against Human Papilloma Virus(HPV) .
- Young girls and married women were educated about screening themselves for breast cancer and Hygienic Sanitary practices.
- Women labourers in Industrial Focal Point Patiala were explained at length about contraceptive method and safe sex practices.
Team IMA 2021 along with WDW also celebrated all the important days like International Women’s Day, International Cancer Day, Doctors Day and organized events to increase awareness about healthy lifestyle, good diet, exercise and need for good mental health.
Her team also worked to improve Doctor Doctor Relationship and to fight the menace of violence against doctors.
They organized a workshop to discuss at length, Sexual Harassment at workplace, on International Women’s Day and discussed various problems faced by the women in medical fraternity. They discussed means to counteract this menace and also proposed constitution of sexual harassment committee within IMA so that any such incidents can be reported and acted upon well in time. They also worked for mental harassment faced by females in medical fraternity.
They also organized walks, Cyclotrons, Cultural fest celebrated all festivals like Teej, Diwali and organized sporting events in collaboration with IMA Patiala, to emphasize the importance of good for physical and mental health.
Dr Nidhi Bansal dedicated this award to her TEAM, all the members of which worked day in and day out and organized such successful events throughout the year.
President IMA 2021 Dr. Neeraj Goyal was a driving force along with senior mentors like Dr Bhagwant Singh, Dr Jatinder Kansal, Dr Chander Mohini, Dr Ashish Gupta, All office bearers and members of IMA Patiala and WDW IMA PATIALA, who helped her get the best out of herself. Dr Nidhi Bansal said “I am immensely humbled to be receiving this special award and huge admiration I received from National leadership at National Conference of IMA NATCON -2022 and I am exceedingly overwhelmed to receive this great honor and represent IMA PUNJAB AND WDW IMA PUNJAB at National level
Dr Nidhi Bansal said “This award which is the very first in the history is for my team who went miles with me, worked so hard with me words cannot do justice to my love regard and gratitude to MY TEAM IMA PATIAĹA This is our hard work that has gained laurels at National Level.
Special thanks to Er. Mohit Bansal, without whose support I could have done nothing. And I am overjoyed that my Mentor Dr Chandermohini is now the President IMA PATIAĹA and it’s my proud privilege to be able to work with her as Secretary IMA PATIAĹA 2023”.